Maximizing Sound Quality- Home Theatre Guide by INSAT
Step #1 Proper Placement- Maximizing Audio Performance
Proper Placement Determine Position and Spacing
• Place your speakers to form an equilateral triangle with the listening position
• Determine the distance between the speakers o If too narrow, sounds will blend and become muddy. o If too far apart, there will be a gap between the two halves of the stereo image.
- Proper Placement of Angled In-Ceiling Speaker
- Speaker Back Boxes Better Bass and Less Noise In Other Rooms
- In -Wall Subwoofers Invisible Bass
- Eliminating First Reflections by installing tools like fabric wrapped absorber panel (fiberglass), curve diffusor, quadratic residue diffusor.
Optimize your system sound quality
- Speaker setup- Distance, sensitivity and bass extension
- Room calibration- Deliver maximum sound quality by taking the room out of the equation. For best results measure 6 to 8 listening positions
- Dynamic Volume- Auto compensation for dramatic volume changes
- Dynamic EQ- Automatically delivers reference quality dialog, bass and surround at all listening levels.
Premium Marantz AVRs offer additional Audyssey technologies
• Calibrating two subs independently
• Smoother, more evenly distributed bass
LFC (Low Frequency Containment)
• Less bass through walls, ceiling and floors
• More perceived bass in the room